05 Oct 2023, 10:00-12:00
What is ‘circular cultural tourism’ and how can it contribute to sustainable regional development in Europe? The next edition of ICLEI’s flagship Breakfast at Sustainability’s series will take place on 5 October 2023 from 10:00-12:00 CET, and will bring together representatives of EU institutions, cultural experts, regional officers, and tourism stakeholders to discuss the unexplored potential of cultural heritage as a driver of circular tourism.
As Europe’s regions are recovering from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the tourism sector, and as global trends are transforming the travel industry, this is a timely moment to revisit how circular approaches to tourism, human-centered destinations, and heritage-led transformations can contribute to building a sustainable future for all.
Participants in this online event will acquire a better understanding of Tourism Transition Pathways in different contexts and will gain key insights on how local cultural assets can drive sustainable tourism strategies. This edition will be hosted online by ICLEI Europe in collaboration with ERRIN and CNR, in the context of the Be.CULTOUR project, a Horizon Europe project developing heritage innovation networks as drivers of Europeanisation towards a human-centered and circular economy.
● Kirsti Ala-Mutka, Policy Officer, DG GROW, European Commission
● Anne Grady, Seconded Cultural Heritage Expert, European Parliament
● Gianluca Saba, Head of International Relations Office, Comune di Genova, representative of the UAEU Sustainable Tourism Partnership
● Antonia Gravagnuolo, Be.CULTOUR project coordinator, National Research Council of Italy
● Maria Kapari, Co-Founder, Joy of Culture (Cyprus)
● Kirsi Sippola, Development Manager, HAMI, Visit Häme (Finland)
Stephania Xydia, Officer, Sustainability Culture & Cultural Transitions, ICLEI Europe
Dr Małgorzata Ćwikła, Officer, Sustainability Culture & Cultural Transitions, ICLEI Europe
To register, visit: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/Breakfast_Sustainability
For more information contact:
Stephania Xydia, email@example.com